1. We play 4 Seasons per year. Because the vast majority of our players are from the northern hemisphere they will be creatively named the Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall season.
2. Each Season will usually last around 12 weeks: 2 weeks for registration + 6 rounds of Swiss + 5 rounds of elimination. More details below in League Format, point #3.
3. For 2022 and beyond, the winter League will run roughly Jan-March, Spring will be April-June, Summer will be July to September and Fall will be October to December.
1. The Champions of Westeros league is, and always will be, free to play.
2. Players will be divided up into regions for the Swiss rounds to try and minimize availability differences. The Asia/Australia bracket will be merged with America/Europe if we don't get enough players (10) to make that a true region.
3. Players will play 1 game per week for 6 weeks using Swiss matchups. If we are less than 30 players, there will be only 5 rounds of Swiss. The match-ups will be posted on Monday around 1 pm GMT, and players should report their results by Monday morning (9:00) (GMT).
4. The league is managed on the Jousting Pavilion. After everybody has registered on our register page, you will be added to the tournament on JP by the organizers. Wins on JP are 5 points. All losses are worth 0. The winner of a game is responsible for reporting the game on JP.
5. You are responsible for scheduling your games with your opponent. If your opponent does not respond by 4 pm GMT Thursday of the week, you may forward an email sent by you at least 24 hours prior to the organizers (see contact sheet for my email) and a claim a win Note 1: You are still responsible for submitting the game report to Feuerbart, via e-mail (hneiss (ät) gmail . com) or Discord.
6. If you and your opponent are unable to find a time to play the game due to mutually conflicting schedules (very rare), you may message (e-mail or Discord) the organizers and we will randomly determine a player to get a win.
7. If your opponent is more than 20 minutes late to scheduled game, you may report a win.
8. If you have reported a win due to your opponent not showing up but later a mutual time still exists, you may play and report the game directly to the organizers with the "normal" result which is then final (please cc the opponent in Discord or E-mail in that case).
9. After Swiss play is completed, a top cut will be played. Everyone with 4 wins will make the cut. If there are only 5 rounds of Swiss, everyone with 3 wins will make the cut.
10. Players are strongly encouraged to join the Friendly Open Discord Server. There you can see latest announcements, send private messages, to your opponents or discuss the current games and league of the season in the chat. There is also a Champions of Westeros Facebook group where announcement will be mirrored. However this is not a requirement for participation.